A lace front wig is a beauty investment, thus, you have to handle it properly so you can completely enjoy your money’s worth. Sleeping with a lace front wig is a challenging thing and you have to know what you can and cannot do while you sleep on it.
Here are 3 reminders to keep your lace front wig intact while sleeping:
1. It is best to use a silky fabric to tie your hair before sleeping. The fabric should cover your entire head. Silky materials are the safest to use because these are soft and do not break the hair strands. Just make sure that you tie the fabric well, but not too tight, so that it will not be untied while you toss and turn in your sleep.
2. If you’re not comfortable with covering your head at night, you can opt not to wrap it but your pillowcase should be made of silk or satin. But if you choose to cover both your head and your pillowcase with a silky fabric, the better.
3. Loosen the head cover first thing in the morning when you wake up and brush the wig using your fingers. After you finger-brush it, you can then use a hair wig brush to smoothen the wig.
These steps are fairly simple to follow every night. Always allocate enough time to secure your wig so that it can stay with you longer. But in unavoidable situations when your lace front wig gets tangled, follow the following procedures to get it back to its normal shape:
1. Soak your lace front wig with a good hair moisturizer or conditioner. Put on the moisturizer evenly on the hair strands, from the roots going downwards. Leave on the moisturizer for 2 hours by putting it inside a sealed plastic. The conditioner should have enough time to seep in the lace front wig.
2. Wash the wig after 2 hours with lukewarm water and ensure that the hair conditioner is rinsed well. Use a clean towel to pat the wig carefully; never rub it as it will mesh the strands again. Put your wig on a wig stand and let it dry naturally (don’t use a blow dryer).
3. Once the wig is dry, smoothen it with a wide-toothed comb. Run the comb gently on the wig, combing one portion at a time. Always comb the bottom portion first and go up bit by bit until everything is untangled. To prevent tangles from developing, comb your lace front wig everyday.
Because lace front wigs are artificial hair only, they don’t naturally get the nutrients that our body provides. They need to be maintained and treated using external means and quality hair products.